Sunday, November 29, 2009

jenny & co.

My Jenny O. My Jenntwin. My JMZ. She and I met at work, 14 years ago, and we instantly hit it off. And it's funny, because up until that point, I really hadn't found my Kindred. Yes, I had friends. Really, really good friends. But none that were like the friendships you read about in books or watched in movies. And at 22, I had really resigned myself to the fact that I would never have one. And then I met Jenny. And it really felt like we had been friends our whole lives. Over the last 14 years, we've only lived in the same city for 4. Yet we've celebrated every major life joy together, and we've mourned every life loss. When we do get together, it's as if we haven't been apart. For a second. She married Devin a few years ago, and I instantly loved him. He's just the right amount of everything for her. And two years ago they had Palmer. And I instantly loved him. And still do. Palmer loved the moon in the sky, the grass in the field and throwing rocks everywhere. After our session, I went back to Palmer's new crib and had the opportunity to play and dine with him. I get to take his two year portraits next week (yeah, me!), so I'll save my musings on the boy for later. But I do want to point out that while we dined on armenian pizza and other foreign foods, Palmer ate the food with us. All of it. And loved it (especially the black olives). At two. I couldn't believe it. Anyway, I know Jenny is waiting for her sneak, so I'll end here. Guys, it was so much fun, and I'm looking to next week's two year portaits. Dev, thanks for playing Waiter for the night. And, Jen, BTAPS forever!


No comments:

Post a Comment