Tuesday, September 22, 2009

dena & co.

My other maternity session of the week happened to be for the lovely Dena. Expecting baby Bennet next month, she was radiant and much too laidback for a soon-to-be-mommy of two. The last time I saw big sister Lydia, it was for her two year portraits. She hadn't changed much in the last six months: still adorable as ever, talking up a storm and so full of sass and spirit. I always know the session has gone well when the youngest models clutch my leg tightly and proclaim they don't want to go home with mommy and daddy! Lydia and Dena clearly have a very, very special bond between them. At times it was difficult to tell who adored who more. And I am looking forward to watching them welcome Bennet into the mix next month. He will get more lovin' than he ever thought possible! Special thanks to Nana for coming out to help with Lydia while we took some Mommy Belly shots! On a personal note, the arrival of your second child is so bittersweet. The bond and relationship you've made with your first stands to change. Dramatically. While excited about the arrival of the new baby growing in your belly, at least for me, you can't help but feel like a little part of your world is . . . over. Of course, once the baby arrives, that world becomes even bigger and better, more than you could have ever imagined. Still, I loved watching the special moments Dena and Lydia shared together just as Dena and Lydia. And I simply can't wait to capture some equally sweet ones when baby brother makes his debut. Dena, thanks for a great session, enjoy this last month, and I'll see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment