Thursday, September 17, 2009

kelly & co.


We were supposed to have our family shoot outdoors, at the same park she used to play at as a child. But the nonstop wet weather washed those plans away. Instead, we met at Nana Jane and Papa Don's house. Gorgeous, lovely, picture perfect house. Located on a beautiful golf course in North Dallas, the home was something out of a magazine. As were the 11 smiling faces who greeted me inside. While setting up equipment, Madeline came out to greet me three different times. In three different outfits. All of which once belonged to her mommy when she was a girl! Kelly's family all happened to be together to welcome the arrival of sweet baby Henry. I usually shoot large family portraits outdoors, at a park. But I have to say that shooting in a client's home is so special. In this case, the shelves were lined with so many photos. Some from so long ago: what looked like Henry's great-grandmother's wedding. His own parents' wedding. Lots of family group pictures. This is one close family, and I totally felt at home with them. Between Gus and Gus the puppet serving as Miss Molly's smile makers and Papa Don offering me a cup of delicious coffee . . . I had so much fun with all of them. Kelly, thank you so much for arranging this. Thank you so much for indulging me with a few baby Henry shots. Please give my best to the family, and enjoy your sneak!

No comments:

Post a Comment