Tuesday, March 10, 2009

jenny & co.

Jenny brought her sweet Palmer over yesterday (all the way from Houston!) for a slightly belated First Birthday portrait session. Mr. P is just pure deliciousness, and it was so much fun watching him live up to the phrase "all boy". Seriously, he was the most inquisitive little fellow, investigating every nook and corner in the studio. We eventually moved the session outside for some bubble shots . . . and then back indoors for some cake. I think that's when he fell in love with me. You can see the beginnings of the blue beard he eventually painted on the entire left side of his body (hair included); complimented his eyes perfectly. The shoot ended in a bubble bath, which was unplanned, but the only way we could get the layers of frosting off of him. Jenny has been my best friend for the last 12 years. We met at our first "grown up jobs" after college, and we've been inseperable ever since. The remarkable thing about this is, that for the last eight years, we've not lived in the same city. Our get togethers are far less frequent than I'd like, but when we do get together, it's like I just saw her the other day. And I must credit Jenny for being one of the key players in encouraging me to do this photography thing professionally. She is my Jenntwin, and it has been such a beautiful honor capturing her gorgeous boy in pictures over the past year. Jenny, thanks for coming out to see us yesterday. And happy birthday, Palmer! Safe travels home, and come back yesterday . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment