Thursday, September 30, 2010

april & co.

Ah, Cowey. My little boy is 1. This was such a bittersweet session for me. I used to live across the street from this beautiful boy. And I got to see him every day. And now that we're a few zip codes apart, I don't get too see him as often as I'd like. But that doesn't seem to matter. When he sees me, with or without the monstrosity of a camera I carry around, he flashes me the biggest smile. And then we play. And I watch my own babies play with him. And make him laugh so hard that his creamy white cheeks turn as red as his lips, and his amazing blue eyes fill up with tears. Pure belly laughing at it's finest. I love everything about this boy. His little rolls. His curly blond locks. His absolute love for his mama. And, of course, his mama. April (a surrogate auntie to my own kiddies) reminds me so much of me when I was a young mama to one certain boy born in July. We bond over our Smother Mothering tendencies, and even though I don't get to see her everyday, she and her sweet boy are always in my heart. Happy birthday, CoCo. We love you so much, and tell your mama to enjoy the sneak!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so I'm going to their house to steal him tonight. The pic of the curls did it. Shhhhh....don't tell April. LOVE these, makes me want a boy to chase. Buy only a one year old - I'm done with babies :)
    --H

    ReplyDelete