Friday, October 30, 2009

happy hauntings

I wanted to take a moment to wish all of my little ghosts and goblins a sugar-filled, cavity-inducing Halloween! I'm not sure what it is about Halloween, but I love it. I find myself starting to long for it around the middle of July. I'm sure the triple digit temps and unbearable heat has me wishing for crisp weather and abundant fall colors. For me, Halloween ushers in the holiday season: the promise of families gathererd around the table, carving Bubba's famous brown-bag turkey and devouring Mom's delectable stuffing; presents wrapped perfectly in glossy paper and topped with matching bows; fires in the hearth and warmth in our hearts; dreidels and gelt; snow globes and candy canes. It all begins with Halloween. So whether it's the first Halloween with your little pumpkin, or the 7th with your little Transformer, I hope you cherish the memories you'll surely make this weekend. And because it's such a favorite holiday of mine, Haute Shot Photography's only subjects this weekend will be a lovely little witch and a Charlie Brown inspired ghost (my only weekend off before the mayhem of the holiday season begins)! And because I rarely post a post without a pic, here are a few of the aforementioned little witch. Happy haunting to all!

3 comments: