Sunday, August 15, 2010

laura & co.

Meet the lovely and incomparable Miss Laura W. A senior at Abilene Christian University, majoring in Musical Theatre, and the love of my brother's life. She's got quite an impressive resume already, performing in several plays at Ft. Worth's Casa Manana, as well as singing the theme songs for Japan's very popular cartoon, Magical Girls Club (it's my ring tone for her when she calls) in English. She rocked the stage as Marci Park in Abilene's Historic Paramount Theatre in The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee this past summer, and this fall she'll play a 1st Class Woman in ACU's musical homecoming, The Titanic (no, not Leo's version). {SPOILER ALERT: she and her child make it. Her husband doesn't it}. And while I can go on and on about the greatness of Miss Laura W. as an actress, I think I'd rather go on and on about the greatness of Miss Laura W. as Miss Laura W. She makes me laugh. Out loud. Consistently. And she totally has the Crazy Christoferson humor that my family eats, sleeps and breathes. The most telling thing about her: she makes my baby brother laugh. Out loud. Consistently. She's beautiful, intelligent, so very talented and so darn funny. I had so much fun FINALLY getting to put her in front of the camera (is she not the cutest little piece of eye candy, or what?!), and it was an absolute honor. I have no doubt she'll go far in the pursuit of her dream, and I am so happy she let me join the ride. Break a leg, Wetsy, and enjoy your sneaky to the peeky!

No comments:

Post a Comment