Monday, May 24, 2010

tamara & co.

The night before my session with Tamara, I was psyching myself out for the Senior Shoot. She had a son, and we were going to take some rockin' senior photos. It had been awhile since my last senior session, so I was thinking of different poses for him, google-ing the latest hip songs and references so that I'd have something to chat about with the young man, and wondering if he'd become my friend on Facebook. I was completely ready for the shoot, and when I pulled up to meet them, I froze. In her arms, Tamara was holding the cutest boy. Little boy. As in toddler. And they were both dressed in white. I figured they were wanting to get in on a few shots with the senior ... and then through a horribly awkward conversation, I came to find out that they were not my Senior Session . But my family session. Oh what a good laugh we shared over that. Of course, mine was more of a nervous, mortified laugh ... but I digress. Needless to say, my Case of Mistaken Identity did not hamper the session. Whatsoever. Little Caden, who is a Mama's Boy (in the sweetest sense) through and through, was All Boy. Fresh from a slumber party at Gramma and Grampa's the night before, he did not seem to mind the early morning hour at which we met to shoot. Nor did Tamara and Ken (fresh from the Byron Nelson the night before, and off to the Jimmy Buffet concert that night!). I simply love this age: while it's a challenge to get an almost 3 year old to stand still enough to take a picture, it's so much fun watching them go from picking dandelions for mama, chasing butterflies in the grass and playing with their beloved bouncy ball ... all in less than 7 seconds. Tamara and Ken, hope the concert was a blast. Sorry for the confusion that began our session, and enjoy your sneak!

No comments:

Post a Comment