Tuesday, October 19, 2010

april & co.

Sweet little Maverick. It had been a little over a year since I last saw him. But you never would have known it by the way he greeted me. Within seconds, he flashed me his sweet smile, told me that he was going to be a pirate for Halloween, and then pretty much lavished me with attention and affection for the entire hour. I'm not kidding. When I asked what his favorite song was (because, as my hautties know, I'm not above singing anything to anyone if it gets me a smile), I was beyond pleased to find out it's one of my faves: Soul Sister. Mav's giggles and grins were pretty much contagious at that point, and I'm just telling myself that Matt and April were laughing with me and Mavman, and not at ... me ... Speaking of April, don't hate her. I know. I know. She's tall. And skinny. And pretty as the day is long. Don't forget she had that whole Reality TV star thing going for her ... But seriously, don't hate. She's just about as sweet as they come, and Mr. Matt could not be more of a sport. Last year he rocked the teal blue shirt like nobody's business, and I could all but hear the relief in his voice that this year April chose a more masculine color for family pics. And I, for one, was beyond tickled that April chose to bring along some vintage shades for Maverick to wear. Beyond too cute for any description. Take a looksy yourself. This sweet family was the perfect way to begin my Sunday morning, and getting to watch Maverick play on the playground was the perfect way to end the session. Guys, it was so great seeing you! Thanks for letting Maverick play with me for a bit, and enjoy your sneaky to the peeky!

No comments:

Post a Comment