Thursday, December 16, 2010

cash am. & co.

Hey ... Pssst ... So ... If you're ever looking to crash a Holiday Party to end all Holiday Parties, look no further than Cash America's. This was my second year to photograph the event, and it was So. Much. Fun. Seriously, I don't know too many people out there who can say that work felt like play to them. But it did to me. The room was amazing, the band was FABOOSH, the food was to die for (yes, they fed me), and there were so many people on the dance floor at one time that it was impossible not to dance a bit as I took pics. Don't judge. The band was FABOOSH. The evening was elegant, amazing, and entirely too much fun. Paige and Shayla were the brainchildren behind the event, which was artfully executed by Cristin over at the etc group in Arlington. Guests entered the cocktail room and were serenaded by a three piece jazz band, before being ushered in to the dinner room by a 10 foot nutcracker ringing the dinner bell. The dining room was bathed in deep plums, golds and blacks, and was absolutely gorgeous. The band, and I wish, wish, wish I could remember their name (dr. something) seriously put on a show like none other. In addition to me roaming the floor, there was another photographer taking Prom Style Pics in the lobby (thanks, Treavor), and the night ended with chocolate truffles dipped in peppermint and Starbucks hot chocolate and coffee. A night to remember, indeed. Thanks, Paige, for once again allowing me to document the evening (and for making sure I felt like a guest!). Enjoy your sneak!

No comments:

Post a Comment