Thursday, March 25, 2010

jason & co.

This morning I had the hilarious privilege of photographing a young up-and-comer in the DFW theatre community: Mr. Jason Kennedy. For the record, Jason hails from little old Abilene (in fact, we're both Cooper Cougars . . . albeit, 12 years apart). He and my brother met in college while majoring in theatre. After graduating last year from ACU, he's since headed east to try his luck on stage. So far I'd say he's broken both legs. Repeatedly. Which I'm assuming is a good thing. I've not only seen Jason on stage several times, I've rocked out to Guitar Hero with him in my parent's living room (he's killah on lead guitar). He's smart, sinfully funny, and totally reminds me of a young Dustin Hoffman. His performances on stage are always riveting, and getting to hang with him for a few hours today was the highlight of my week. He was completely game for anything, and while the whole goal of the session was to get head shots for him to send out to agencies, I couldn't help but get a little artsy with this artsy guy. And if these photos leave you wanting more of Jason, you can see him perform live this weekend as Malcolm in Theatre 3's Bedroom Farce, or next month in Theatre Arlington's The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee (the show sounds fantastic!). Eventually Jason wants to head West. And I don't mean Abilene. The Hollywood sign is calling his name, and LA is his next destination. I just hope he doesn't forget the little people. Especially the one with the camera. Especially if he wins an Oscar. And finds himself with a few seconds left to mention her name. Before the music starts playing and cuts him off . . . After the shoot, we grabbed a quick bite to eat. And a quick mimosa. And I have to admit, I even felt a little Hollywood-ish hanging with the kid, sipping our mims. You can see more pics from the session on my facebook page (and while you're there, become a fan . . . honest to goodness, Jason was one of the first!). Jason, it was Too. Much. Fun. You rock the camera better than you rock the guitar (hero). Enjoy your last run with Farce this weekend (I am looking forward to watching you in the Spelling Bee), and enjoy your sneaky!

No comments:

Post a Comment