Thursday, May 28, 2009

katie & co.

Meet Jessie. A four (almost five, thank you very much) year old who loves the camera as much as it loves her. I first photographed Jessie last fall, when I took Family Pics for a local preschool. Needless to say, I fell in love. With her curls. Her eyes. Her smile. All of it. This past spring Jessie was one of my prize models when I took spring and graduation pics for that same school. Yesterday Miss Jessie came out to see me for some 5 year portraits/dance costume shots; oh my heavens, you should see her tap dance! She brought along her Mommy and Granny (who was in from Washington, on the Tour de Grandchildren tour; you should see Cousin Mia. Equally charming!). Jessie is 4, going on 14. She just gets it. If I ask her to smile softly, she does it. If I tell her to look a certain way, she does it. And she's even come up with her own pose. I'll call it Cute & Coy. I asked her where she learned it, and she said, "I just thought it up myself." A very bright girl who will start kindergarten in the fall. And, lucky for me, she'll still be attending the same school where I met her, so my camera doesn't have to go into withdrawl just yet. Thanks, Katie, for coming out to see me! Enjoy your sneak (and your little Shirley Temple!).

No comments:

Post a Comment