Monday, May 25, 2009

brooke & co.

I think I've mentioned it before, and forgive me, dear reader, for bringing it up again: but I'm a bit of a weeper while behind the lens. Usually with newborns and seniors. This morning, as I wrapped up my session with Brooke and proud mama Rhonda, I got a little weepy. And as Brooke changed into her final outfit for her Senior portrait session, Rhonda and I talked about the past year these lovely ladies have endured . . . and then I couldn't hide the tears. Such strong, incredibly beautiful women, and it was such an honor documenting this important milestone in Brooke's life. She'll be attending Vanderbilt in the fall, and leaving an empty nest behind. Rhonda has assured me that her other son, who lives in the metroplex, will be visiting frequently, so I'm not too worried about her. And I have nothing but high hopes for Brookey (and not everyone gets to call her that, mind you). Beautiful, intelligent, talented. I see nothing but success in her future . . . and a somewhat heartbroken mama who surely sees the same thing. Congratulations, Brooke. I had so much fun with you yesterday. Rhonda, thank you so much for contacting me, and let's get a family portrait session planned asap! Enjoy your sneaky, ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment