Sunday, September 21, 2008

lauren & co.

It is always such an honor to be asked to capture special moments in people's lives. It goes without saying that it's double the honor when I'm asked to come back. A few months ago or so, Lauren and Wayne invited me in to their home to document life pre-Caleb. This afternoon, I returned to capture their life now, with Caleb. I find it necessary to point out that during our maternity session a few months ago, Lauren was very maternal. Very aware. I can't even really put it into words. But I am certain, beyond any doubt, that it was that thoroughness and awareness that saved her baby boy's life, before he was ever born. And so today, not only was it an honor to be welcomed back a second time, it was beyond humbling to witness and document the beautiful bond that this little family shares. The last photo in this entry was the last one we took today, and I think it was the perfect way to end such a very special session; Caleb's expression sums the whole day up perfectly. Thank you both, so much, for allowing me to document this beautiful, sleepless time in your lives. Caleb was an absolute angel, and congratulations to all three of you!


No comments:

Post a Comment