Sunday, July 12, 2009

ticey & co.

I was supposed to shoot their newborn session. Newborn. Twins. But they came early. My weekends were booked. And early twins really can't venture out until well after 6 weeks . . . So my heart broke a little, and I counted down the days until I would meet Hudson and Kennedy. My countdown, I'm pleased to report, ended on Saturday, when their proud parents brought them over for their 3 Month Photo Shoot. Poor Ticey: she had ironed outfits the night before (and not just one outfit, but three. Times two.), and I don't think we used one. Nothing beats delicious naked baby skin, and by the time I got my Baby Skin fix, the twins had had enough of my lights, camera, action! Three months is, by far, one of the hardest ages to photograph. Unless your name happens to be Kennedy or Hudson. They gave me some great smiles at the beginning during our family portrait time, and then Hudson decided he needed a snack. So while he ate, Kennedy posed. And when he finished, she decided a snack wasn't such a bad idea, after all. So while she ate, Hudson posed. It was as if these two little babies had their own little system, and watching them together . . . wait for it, dear reader . . . brought a tear or two to my eye (I know, I know: I'm sure there are meds I should look in to for my propensity to weep). Especially at the very end, when they had full bellies and heavy eyes: Hudson started to fuss, and Kennedy lovingly reached over to hold his arm. I am not kidding you. And her gentle touch, and him so near, was enough to lull them both to sleep. Their bond was beyond palpable, and it was amazing to see it at only three months! And, of course, Ticey and Harold's love for them was just as evident. And talk about a system: those two have the whole Twin Thing down. To a T. Ticey, I am so sorry the newborn session didn't work out, but it was wonderful working with you guys for the three month portraits. And, once again, I find myself counting down the days until my next session with Kennedy and Hudson. Which, lucky for me, is a mere 3.5 months away!). Enjoy your sneaky, guys, and I'll see you soon!

1 comment:

  1. The one with Kennedy sticking her tongue out is so her! All of them are wonderful and I can't wait to see the rest! You really are amazing!

    ReplyDelete