Tuesday, January 20, 2009

laura & co.

This past weekend I found myself in Houston, visiting friends and family. A one year portrait session for a sweet little fella was cancelled b/c his Mommy wasn't feeling well, but I was able to get my Photo Fix in at a birthday party for a sweet little cowboy and cowgirl. Jarrod and my husband have been best friends for over 25 years. Almost 10 years ago, Jarrod married Laura, and she and I became fast friends over manicures, ring cleaning and margaritas. Jarrod and Laura had babies around the same time my husband and I did, and this past weekend Laura and Jarrod threw a dual birthday party for Lilly and Wyatt (who celebrate birthdays in February and December, respectively). Laura had the party at her family's ranch, north of Houston. Acres and acres of rolling hills, sprinkled with cows and hay bales. Laura also had the party planned down to the t. Hay rides, nature hikes (where you could identify animal tracks, by referring to a print out she had created!), fishing, smores . . . so much fun, and I know fun was had by all. Here are a few of my favorite shots from the day. Laura and Jarrod, thank you for the wonderful afternoon; my kiddos are still talking about it! And happy birthdays to your little doggies!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my these are beautiful and romantic photos, love them! I definitely want to order me with Ava, the one w hat lady kissing her princess.

    let me know what I need to do, and thanks for catching that moment.

    cuqui

    cuqui@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete